Importation of Live Pet Animals to the Philippines
For Dogs and Cats
- Kindly visit the website of Japan’s Animal Quarantine Service at
exporting of pets from Japan.
- Upon arrival at the
ports of entry at airport or seaport, present the following documents to
the Veterinary Quarantine Personnel:
- Import Permits - Issued prior to departure for the Philippines by the:
- Export Quarantine Certificate from the Animal Quarantine Service of Japan.
Procedures in Applying for Import Permits
- Write the Director of Bureau of
Animal Industry (above address) for issuance of Import Permit. In the
application letter, indicate the number of animals to be imported, the
sex, age and breed; and also the possible date of arrival, mode of
transport-aircraft / flight number.
- To apply online for an import
permit for pet dogs and cats, please visit the official website of the
Department of Agriculture, www.da.gov.ph.
- Upon receipt of the application,
the BAI will process and issue the Import Permit and immediately send
the same to the applicant by mail or by facsimile.
- Payment of Import Permit Issuance
Fee of P100.00 and Quarantine Inspection Fee or Landing Permit Fee of
P250.00 will be made to the Quarantine Office upon arrival at port of
entry. (Fees are subject to change without prior notice).