Guidelines for Issuance of Student Visa (9F)
The applicant for student visa, having means sufficient for education and
support in the Philippines, must be at least eighteen (18) years old and seeks
to enter the Philippines temporarily and solely for the purpose of taking up a
course of study higher than high school at a university, seminary, academy,
college or school, approved for foreign students by the Commissioner of
The student applicant must first communicate with the school concerned and
comply with the school’s institutional requirements.
Said school shall forward the application package to the Commission on Higher
Education (CHED) for approval. Once approved, the application package shall be
endorsed by CHED to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). The DFA will inform
the Philippine Consulate General for issuance of the student visa. The
Philippine Consulate General shall then notify the student accordingly.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ISSUANCE OF 9(F) VISA
- Personal appearance is required within thirty (30) days from date of notice.
- Two (2) originals of duly accomplished application form for non-immigrant visa.
- Original passport valid at least six (6) months beyond intended period of stay,
and one (1) photocopy of passport data page and pertinent pages.
- Two (2) photographs (5cm x 5cm).
- Original and one (1) photocopy of birth certificate or family registry
(kosekitohon) verified and authenticated at the Philippine Consulate General.
- Original and one (1) photocopy of affidavit of support executed by parent/s or
legal guardian to be authenticated in the Philippine Consulate General, and two
(2) photocopies of parent/guardian’s passport data page.
- Original and one (1) photocopy of transcript of records duly authenticated by
the Philippine Consulate General.
- Original and one (1) photocopy of certificate of good moral character
authenticated at the Philippine Consulate General.
- Original and one (1) photocopy of police certificate authenticated by the
Philippine Consulate General.
- Original and one (1) photocopy of medical examination reports, including X-ray
film contained in an envelope authenticated by the Philippine Consulate General.
- Duly accomplished Personal History Statement forms from the school concerned.
- Original and one (1) photocopy of comprehensive list of student’s possible
contact persons in the Philippines.
- Diploma is required for student applicant who will pursue graduate studies
authenticated at the Philippine Consulate General
- Incomplete requirements will not be accepted.
- All documents issued by the Japanese government agencies should first be
authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan/Gaimusho before
submitting to the Consulate for authentication.
- All documents issued by private agencies should first be notarized by local
notary public before submitting to the Consulate for authentication.
- English translation is required for Japanese documents.