Temporary Visitor’s Visa
for Non-Japanese Nationals
REQUIREMENTS FOR TOURIST VISA
To apply for temporary visitor’s visa to the
Philippines, personal appearance is a must. All supporting
documents should be submitted in A4 size paper, and with English
translation. Please bring all originals and a photocopy of each of the
documents for presentation/submission to the Visa Section.
- Duly accomplished application form attached with
one (1) recent passport-size photograph
- Original passport valid not less than six (6)
months beyond intended period of stay and one (1) photocopy each of
passport data page/s, Japanese visa and re-entry permit (issued by
the Japan Immigration Bureau – both of which should at least have
four (4) months validity)
- Original Certificate of Employment from employer
(stating date of employment, position or type of work and salary) or
business registration (with English translation).
- For student, original Certificate of Enrolment
and/or Letter of Endorsement from Japanese University and/or valid
school identification card
- If unemployed or student, Letter of Guarantee from
spouse or parent (with copy of valid identification and proof of
- If visa in Japan is acquired by relationship with
a Japanese national, submit original family registry or kosekitohon
of Japanese spouse or parent (with English translation, to be
verified by the Consulate)
- One (1) photocopy of alien registration card
- Original and (1) photocopy of proof of financial
capacity (e.g. original bank account certificate or original bank book)
- Original Letter of Invitation and Guarantee from
sponsor in the Philippines duly notarized by the Philippine Notary
Public and copy of valid identification of sponsor (i.e. passport,
driver’s license). If sponsor is a foreign national, copy of valid
Philippine visa is also required.
- Original hotel reservation certificate from travel agency.
- Daily itinerary or daily schedule of activities in the Philippines
- One (1) photocopy of air ticket or original
reservation certificate from travel agency. The departure date for
the Philippines should be scheduled after the date of release of the visa.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BUSINESS VISA
In addition to the above-mentioned requirements, the
following should also be submitted:
- Original Letter of Invitation addressed to the
applicant’s company or employer originating from a business entity
or counterpart company in the Philippines. The letter should
include details such as the purpose of the trip, travel itinerary,
name of reference(s) in the Philippines, justifying the business trip.
- Original Letter of Recommendation from the
employer or registered company based in Japan, which the applicant
is connected to. It should be addressed to the Visa Section,
Philippine Consulate, certifying applicant’s employment, endorsing
the business trip to the Philippines, and guaranteeing all expenses
related to the trip.
- The above requirements are subject to change without prior notice.
- The Visa Section may require additional
documentation if and when deemed necessary.
- Visa and/or notarization/notation fees will be
determined after processing of visa application.
- Payment of visa fees does not guarantee issuance
of visa. Payment validated by machine is non-refundable.
- Visa applicants are advised to submit their
application at least two weeks prior to their intended journey to
- Issuance of visa does not guarantee entry into the
Philippines. Final decision to enter the Philippines rests solely on
the decision of the Philippine Bureau of Immigration, Department of Justice.
Further inquiries may be addressed to the
Philippine Consulate General, Osaka (Attention: Visa/Authentication
Section via e-mail:
Download Visa Form